JOB POSTING - QUALITY Control Technician
Quality Control Technician
Conducts a variety of tests on raw materials, new and in-process parts and subassemblies, to ensure that unit is within specified standards according to specifications or to report/determine cause of unit failure.
Position Reports To:
Duties and Requirements
- Read work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, purchase specifications, or schematics to determine standards to be used.
- Ease of use with high precision measurement tools such as various micrometers and gauges, Faro-Arm, CMM, and laser measurement equipment.
- Calibrates test instruments according to specifications.
- Compares results with specifications and records test data.
- Analyzes test results on defective parts to determine cause of failure.
- Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
- Verifies dimensions of pins, shafts, and other mechanical parts.
- Indirectly involved in addressing complaints and the resolution of production problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical Job Skills/Competency Expectations:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year minimum; CMM and Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Polywork and Sage 500 experience preferred.
- Proficient in GD&T.
- Good grasp of mathematical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent visual acuity.
Position(s) Reporting Directly to this Role:
Job Posting Inquiry Form
BCN Technical Services
1004 E State St Hastings, MI 49058
Sign-up to receive sales, updates and important information from BCN Technical Services.
Hours of Operation Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Saturday–Sunday: Closed