JOB POSTING - Mechanical Engineer
Develops mechanical products and service proposals, including quoting, estimating scope of work, determining & specifying products/parts, developing & updating bills of material, and appropriate engineering drawings by traditional drafting method or by CAD.
Position Reports To:
Duties and Requirements
- Conducts assigned technical tasks including planning and execution of project activities to support the development of new electro-mechanical presses and accessories
- Leads the planning and execution of engineering tasks such as but not limited identifying and developing accurate bill-of-materials, inspection reports, engineering drawings, manufacturing/assembly reviews and trouble-shooting using existing PLM (Sage) and CAD (SolidWorks, Autodesk).
- Independently reviews and formulates accurate bill of material and conducts associated engineering tasks to support development of estimates to support sales, and manufacturability of awarded sales orders
- Assists shop floor or new product start-ups by coordinating first run production activities.
- Generates or assists in the generation of standard operating procedures to be used by manufacturing when producing a salable product.
- Supports departmental efforts to standardize process and best practices.
- Participates in and supports capture of knowledge and developing a learning work place
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical Job Skills/Competency Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent required. Preference will be given to candidates with BSME
- Three (03) to Five (05) years’ experience in design and/or development of engineered parts/assemblies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Minimum of one year experience in a manufacturing environment, experience with presses preferred.
- Minimum of One (01) to Two (02) year of hands on experience with CAD software.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Position(s) Reporting Directly to this Role:
Job Posting Inquiry Form
BCN Technical Services
1004 E State St Hastings, MI 49058
Sign-up to receive sales, updates and important information from Bliss Clearing Niagara Technical Services.
Hours of Operation Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Saturday–Sunday: Closed