JOB POSTING - Machine Builder/Assembler
With direction, assembles or sub-assembles parts/components for presses, partially or completely by working at bench or shop floor.
Position Reports To:
Supervisor, Operations Or Supervisor, Defense
Duties and Requirements
- Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Cut out and/or mount electrical boxes for use in manufacturing process.
- Removes small quantities of metal with honing machines, hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- Uses various measurement tools to accurately measure internal and/or external diameter of precision parts necessary to assemble component parts and/or finished products.
- Drills and taps holes needed to assemble clutch and/or other sub-assemblies.
- Operates drill presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation as required.
- Greases and test units to assure proper fit and function.
- Performs start-up operations on all new or rebuild presses to ascertain that controls and wiring is appropriate for use.
- Inform supervisor when parts need to be ordered.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Need to own hand tools.
Critical Job Skills/Competency Expectations:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have current drivers’ license to operate powered industrial trucks.
- One to three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Position(s) Reporting Directly to this Role:
Job Posting Inquiry Form
Sign-up to receive sales, updates and important information from BCN Technical Services.
Hours of Operation Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Saturday–Sunday: Closed